|Avoid Lengthy Queues by using the Ethiopian Online
Check in Feature
Online check-in (Web check-in) is the process in which passengers confirm their
travel on a flight via the internet and typically print their own boarding passes.
Online Check-in is available from 48 hours to 2 hours before departure for all
international flights and from 24 hours to 2 hours before departure for all domestic
flights. Confirm your attendance on the flight, select your seat and save valuable
time. The only thing a passenger needs is an internet connection and a printer for
the boarding pass!
|What is required to use web check-in?
Basic requirements for web check-in:
- Passengers must have an electronic ticket.
- Flights must be operated by Ethiopian Airlines.
- For web check-in service on code share flights (flights operated by partner airlines), please visit the website of the respective airline.
- Go to
https://wci-prod.sabresonicweb.com/SSW2010/ETC0/checkin.html or click “web check-in”
from the quick links section on EthiopianAirlines.com home page to begin web
- On the “Home” page enter your name as it appears on your ticket (Passenger
receipt). Also enter the city of beginning of your travel and Reservation Locator
(PNR) or your Frequent Flyer Number and click “Continue”. This will locate your
reservation and displays your itinerary.
- Select your sex (if not entered before) and the sector of the flight you
would like to check-in at the moment and click “Select or Change Seat”.
- On the next screen you can change the seat that was assigned to you at the
time of booking your flight. If no change is required proceed to next step by
clicking “check baggage”.
- The next page shows the “hazardous materials” information. Please read that
and confirm if you do carry any of the listed materials.
NOTE make sure that the information you provide here is correct as
it may have legal implications.
- Once you select “No” you will be asked for the number of baggage you would
bring to the airport for check in. This doesn’t include your single hand bag
allowance (maximum 7Kgs). Please make sure that your baggage is in accordance
with Ethiopian baggage allowance before you come to the airport. Baggage allowance
can be checked here.
Baggage Allowance Calculator
- Click “Check-In” to finish the process and display your boarding pass
- Print your boarding pass (2 copies required) and bring with you to the airport.
If you have no baggage to check-in proceed to the boarding gates directly. If
you have baggage to check-in please refer to the timing precautions below.
|Any Problems while online check-in?
- If your flight is less than 2hours to depart, or if it’s more than 48 hours
away, you will not be able to check-in online.
- The following departure points are temporarily unavailable for online check-in:
- Republic of Congo(BZV, PNR)
- Democratic Republic of Congo(FBM, FIH)
- Burkina Faso(OUA)
- United Kingdom (LHR)
- All other ET departure points other than listed above are available for
- If you face any other problem during web checking to your flight, click
back to return to the previous page or “Home” to begin the check in process
from the beginning.
- If you are unable to complete your web check-in and print your boarding
pass, YOU HAVE TO APPEAR AT THE AIRPORT AT LEAST 2 HOURS BEFORE DEPARTURE and
talk to the customer service agent at Ethiopian counters.
- Web check-in is not possible to passengers who need special service requests
such as wheel chairs, extra seats, visual and hearing impairment, unaccompanied
minors, pet in hold, stretcher etc.
- If you have luggage to drop off you have to arrive at the check-in counter
dedicated for web checked in passengers at least
- 45 minutes prior to departure for Domestic flights and
- 60 minutes prior to departure for International flights
- In order to save your valuable time please make sure your baggage is in
accordance with the Ethiopian’s allowance before you come to the airport. Ethiopian
Baggage allowance can be checked here.
Baggage Allowance Calculator
- Reservations are subject to cancelation if you are not on board the aircraft
30 minutes prior to departure. All existing no-show rules apply.
- All existing terms and conditions, cancellation & baggage rules and